We here at Make Plays, Not Excuses thoroughly enjoy Injustice: Gods Among Us. We enjoy it so much, that we are going to be hosting an online tournament with prizes to be won. This tournament is FREE TO ENTER. I haven’t quite decided what the tournament will cap out at, but it will likely cap out at 24 players. This tournament is open to anyone who plays Injustice and wants to gain some experience in an online tournament setting. Here are the rules for the tournament as it stands.
- Best 2 out of 3 due to the length of time it will take.
- Open to players of the United States and Canada only.
- Connection complaints are ill-advised.
- Double random stage select.
- Winners are character locked.
- Losers can either switch characters, or do another double random stage select.
- This tournament will operate on the honor system when reporting a match.
- To be safe, it is recommended that players take picture proof of a win in case of any foul play.
- If a match is disputed by both players and no proof is provided, I will sit in on a king of the hill match and that will decide the winner.
- Since it is free to play, this tournament will be unseeded.
Brackets will be created via Challonge and a stream is not in place to this point. If a streamer wants to participate they are more than welcomed and it would be greatly appreciated. Here are the prizes for the top three placements in this tournament:
- 1st Prize will receive $15 dollars via PayPal, a spot in the Make Plays, Not Excuses Hall of Fame, and will receive priority seeding for future MPNE tournaments.
- 2nd Prize will receive a PAX code of your choice and priority seeding for future MPNE tournaments.
- 3rd Prize will receive a PAX code of your choice and priority seeding for future MPNE tournaments.
The date right now is set to be this Saturday, April 26th starting @ 9 PM Eastern. However a vote will be held on a Test Your Might thread to gauge whether people would rather the tournament be this weekend or next weekend. Any other questions will also be answered in that thread.